Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Henry Street Dublin

13 June 2014

1875 – Dining & Confectionary Shop, Arnott & Co., Henry Street, Dublin

Architect: G.P Beater Destroyed by fire in 1894. A description published in 1875: “The premises now erecting for Messrs. Arnott and Co., in Henry-street, will contain besides the front and back shops (the...

01 March 2014

1879 – William Brunton & Co., No.43 Henry Street, Dublin

Architect: G.P. Beater New furniture warehouse, Henry St. for Messrs. W. Brunton and Co. Destroyed during the Easter Rising of 1916. Published in The Irish Builder, December 1 1879.

11 July 2013

1915 – Coliseum Theatre, Henry St., Dublin

Architect: Bertie Crewe & Francis Bergin This theatre was opened in April 1915 and destroyed in the 1916 Easter Rising. Shown here, in a photograph from the Capuchin Archive after its destruction. Also...

15 July 2010

1922 – 22/23 Henry Street, Dublin

Architect: McDonnell & Dixon

07 April 2010

1894 – Arnott’s, Henry Street, Dublin

Architect: G.P Beater Ireland’s largest single department store, and one of the biggest in Europe when it is extended into Independent House on Abbey Street. A grandiose Victorian design, the building has suffered...

07 April 2010

2003 – Debenhams, Henry Street, Dublin

Architect: Newenham Mulligan and Associates Designed in the 1950s by the same firm of architects (NMA), half of the store was built in the 1960s and the other half in the 1970s. The...