Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Holborn

03 February 2014

1898 – Royal Music Hall, Holborn, London

Architect: Ernest Runtz Originally opened as Weston’s Music Hall on 16 November 1857 at 242-245 High Holborn. The theatre was renamed the Royal Music Hall in 1868, and then changed names again in...

25 July 2013

1873 – St. John Evangelist Schools, Holborn, London

Architect: F.W. Tasker & Keith D. Young Published in The Building News, December 12 1873: “The schools of which we give illustration and plan consist of infants’, girls’, and boys’, with accommodation in...

01 July 2013

1874 – Old Furnivals Distillery, Nos. 26-27 High Holborn, London

Architect: George Somers-Clarke Published in The Building News, December 26 1873: “Nos. 26 and 27, High Holborn, have been taken by Messrs. Henry Brett and Co., of the Old Furnival’s Distillery, and have...

26 October 2012

1863 – St. Alban’s Church, Holborn, London

Architect: William Butterfield The church of S. Alban the Martyr, Holborn was built by a leading architect of the day, William Butterfield in 1863. Sadly it was destined to last for only 78...

20 September 2012

1876 – New Buildings at the Corner of Chancery Lane & Holborn, London

Architect: Lewis H. Isaacs New Buildings at the Corner of Chancery Lane & Holborn, published in The Builder, December 2nd 1876. Still existing although the facade along Holborn is truncated with only two...

02 February 2011

1876 – Holborn Viaduct Hotel, London

Architect: Lewis H. Isaacs Perspective view including plan of preliminary design published in The Building News, October 6th 1876. During the 1870s, a company was set up to construct a 330-yard (300 m)...

05 January 2011

1907 – Holborn Council Offices, London

Architect: Warwick & Hall Interior View published in The Building News, September 13th 1907.

21 October 2010

1883 – First Avenue Hotel, Holborn, London

Architect: Archer & Green Interior View shewing wall surfaces decorated with Glazed Burmantoffs Faience. Published in The Building News, January 11th 1884. Burmantofts Pottery was the common trading name of a manufacturer of...

03 December 2009

1879 – Church of St. John the Evangelist, Red Lion Square, Holborn, London

Architect: John L. Pearson Perspective view published in The Building News, January 3rd 1879.

Pages:12Next »