Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr


20 August 2015

1878 – Belfast Hospital for Sick Children, Queen St., Belfast

Architect: Thomas Jackson & Sons A three-storey building finished in Scrabo sandstone set back from the main building line of Queen Street. The Hospital moved to the Falls Road in the 1930s. The...

17 August 2015

1911 – Consumptives Pavilion, Royal Hospital for Incurables, Donnybrook

Architect: Kaye-Parry & Ross Winning design in an architectural competition to design a hospital building for Consumptives at the Royal Hospital for Incurables in Dublin. Kaye-Parry & Ross carried out other alterations to...

19 March 2015

1808 – Sir Patrick Dun’s Hospital, Grand Canal Street, Dublin

Architect: Sir Richard Morrison The physician Sir Patrick Dun had died in 1713, leaving lands in county Waterford in trust to the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland. The College was to use...

20 January 2015

1821 – Meath Hospital, Long Lane, Dublin

Replacing an earlier hospital building on The Coombe, The Meath was built on the south side of Long Lane in 1821. A donation of £6000 from Thomas Pleasants, allowed the hospital to be...

05 December 2014

1804 – Charitable Infirmary, 14 Jervis St., Dublin

The hospital was founded by six Dublin surgeons as the Charitable Infirmary in Cook St., Dublin, in 1718, at their own expense. Ten years later they moved to a larger premises on King’s...

21 November 2014

1903 – The Smiley Cottage Hospital, Larne, Co. Antrim

Architect: Nicholas Fitzsimons Constructed on a site provided by Sir Hugh .H. Smiley, who also paid for the construction of the building. He may have regretted this as the estimated cost was £5,000...

14 November 2014

1804 – Fever Hospital & House of Recovery, Cork St., Dublin

Architect: Samuel Johnston Constructed 1801-1804, as a Fever Hospital and House of Recovery. The House of Recovery was converted in 1881 by Sandham Symes into the Dublin Convalescent Home. The original hospital consisted...

11 June 2014

1885 – Holy Ghost Hospital, Waterford

Architect: J.J. O’Callaghan Founded in 1545, in the nineteenth century the hospital removed to the suburbs and in 1882 construction of the present hospital was started. A stone over the main entrance reads...

22 April 2014

1882 – Patrick Stead Hospital, Halesworth, Suffolk

Architect: Henry Hall Patrick Stead came from Edinburgh to Halesworth in 1824 where he established a successful maltings business. After his death, he left a bequest of some £26,000 to establish a hospital...

Pages:1234567...17Next »