Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

hospitals

28 August 2010

1986 – Belfast City Hospital, Co. Antrim

A Belfast landmark with its distinctive yellow colour, the City Hospital Tower is 15 stories and 76 m (250 ft) in height. The City Hospital is a 900-bed modern university teaching hospital providing...

01 August 2010

1910 – Galt Museum, Lethbridge, Alberta

Originally built as the Galt Hospital, the building has now found new purpose as part of the Galt Museum in Lethbridge.

27 July 2010

1870 – Cottage Hospital, Lytham, Lancashire

Architect: Henry Littler Front Elevation & Plan with key published in The Building News, October 21st 1870. “THE hospital, an illustration of which we give, is being built by Colonel Clifton, the lord...

20 July 2010

1870 – Proposed Infirmary, Wigan, Lancashire

Architect: Thomas Worthington Image published in The Building News, March 4th 1870. “WE this week publish a plan and view of a design by Mr. Thomas Worthington, of Manchester, for the new infirmary...

06 July 2010

1886 – Former Hospital, Jervis Street, Dublin

Architect: Charles Geoghegan Jervis Street Hospital was a former hospital that became part of Beaumont Hospital, which was completed in 1987. The hospital was founded by six Dublin surgeons as the Charitable Infirmary...

24 June 2010

1863 – Borough Hospital, Birkenhead, Cheshire

Architect: Walter Scott “The design is in the Italian style of architecture. The site selected is a piece of land fronting a hospital in Hamilton-street, and which has been found totally inadequate to...

11 June 2010

1748 – Rotunda Hospital, Parnell Square, Dublin

Architect: Richard Cassels The Rotunda Hospital officially the Dublin Lying-in Hospital was the first maternity hospital in Britain or Ireland and was at one time the largest in the world. Really it is...

29 May 2010

1887 – New Royal Infirmary, Liverpool

Architect: Alfred Waterhouse Published in The Building News, July 1st 1887.

05 May 2010

1888 – Nobles Hospital & Dispensary, Isle of Man

Architects: Bleakley & Cubbon Noble’s Isle of Man Hospital and Dispensary opened in 1888. It was provided by the munificence of the town’s benefactor, Henry Bloom Noble. Published in The Building News, July...


Skip to toolbar