Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

hospitals

05 February 2010

1786 – Irish Army Headquarters, Phoenix Park, Dublin

Architect: James Gandon A building often overlooked by visitors to the park, the Army Headquarters was built by James Gandon as the Royal Military Infirmary. Gandon was paid in 1786 for the designwork,...

02 February 2010

1717 – Dr Steeven’s Hospital, Dublin

Architect: Thomas Burgh Now the headquarters of the Eastern Health Board, Dr Steeven’s Hospital was built to cater for the poor and destitute, and was founded in 1717 with a bequest from Dr...

25 January 2010

1680 – Royal Hospital Kilmainham, Dublin

Architect: Sir William Robinson The Royal Hospital Kilmainham is a mile and a half west of the city centre and at the time of its construction the site was part of the Phoenix...

19 January 2010

1937 – Tullamore General Hospital, Tullamore, Co. Offaly

Architect: Scott & Good Scott’s hospital at Tullamore, although faced with traditional limestone masonry, has a very strong horizontal linearity and glazed stairwell that show a Dutch Modernist influence in the massing and...

19 January 2010

1331 – Hellig Geist Spital, Nuremberg, Bavaria

In the centre of Nuremberg, alongside the river Pegnitz, is the Hospital of the Holy Spirit. Originally founded in 1332, the wing that spans the river was added between 1488 and 1527. The...

06 January 2010

1834 – Former Louth Hospital, Dundalk, Co. Louth

Architect: Thomas Smith Designed by English architect Thomas Smith who came to work in County Louth in the early to mid 19th century. Now in use as extra accommodation for the nearby Grammar...

21 December 2009

1888 – Cheyne Hospital for Children, Cheyne Walk, Chelsea, London

Architect: Beazley & Burrows Perspective view published in The Building News, June 8th 1888.

22 November 2009

1884 – Sittingbourne & Milton Joint Infectious Hospital, Kent

Architect: W. Leonard Grant

13 November 2009

1879 – Holborn Union Infirmary, Highgate, London

Architect: H. Saxon Snell & Son In 1877-9, a new Union infirmary was erected at the west side of Archway Road, in Highgate. It was designed by Henry Saxon Snell, who was also...