Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Howth

07 March 2012

1879 – Church, Howth, Co. Dublin

Architect: Walter G. Doolin Proposed and unbuilt design for Canon Smithwick.

03 May 2010

2009 – Precast House, Howth, Co. Dublin

Architect: FKL Architects Called Precast House, the project comprises three separate volumes emerging from the sloping site – a house, garage and swimming pool. The three buildings are made of polished precast concrete,...

28 January 2010

1820 – Former Church, Howth, Co. Dublin

Fine stone 19th century church now in alternative use, with large roundheaded window centred on symetrical main facade.

28 January 2010

1450 – St. Mary’s Community House, Howth, Co. Dublin

The nearby church of St Mary was collegiate and it was here that the community lived. In poor repair for many years, the building has some fine details including the window illustrated. Recently...

28 January 2010

1450 – Howth Castle, Co. Dublin

The current building is not the original Howth Castle, which was on the high slopes by the village and the sea. The English architect Sir Edwin Lutyens restyled a 14th century castle built...

28 January 2010

1845 – Old Courthouse, Howth, Co. Dublin

Detached four-bay single-storey former place of worship, c.1845, with projecting entrance porch to west gable. In use as courthouse to 1970, now in use as offices. Notice inside states that the building was...

28 January 2010

1814 – Bailey Lighthouse, Howth, Co. Dublin

Fine lighthouse on a rocky promontory marking the northernmost point of Dublin bay. A two-stage ashlar granite lighthouse with metal-framed glazed lantern, attached to five-bay three-storey block to north-west. Single- and two-storey coastguard...

28 January 2010

1817 – Harbour Lighthouse, Howth, Co. Dublin

Architect: George Halpin Fine lighthouse on the end of the southern arm of the harbour. The lighthouse also had a defensive purpose, a circular wall alongside defends a gun position. Two-bay two-storey ashlar...

28 January 2010

1860 – Former Findlater’s, Howth, Co. Dublin

Findlater’s was once a chain of food and wine merchants in the Dublin area. This was built as their Howth store and later became a bar as part of a local hotel complex....

Pages:12Next »