Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Hugh Darley

08 February 2010

1760 – Dining Hall, Trinity College Dublin

Architect: Hugh Darley In the 1740s Richard Cassels designed and built a Dining Hall on this site replacing an earlier structure. However on two separate occasions, the vaults collapsed and it was eventually...

07 January 2010

1765 – Mayoralty House, Drogheda, Co. Louth

Architect: Hugh Darley An important civic building at the time of its construction, the Mayoralty House has been in use as a commercial premises for decades. Built of limestone ashlar with trimmings of...

07 January 2010

1752 – St. Peter’s Church of Ireland, Drogheda, Co. Louth

Architect: Hugh Darley Built on the site of an earlier church, St Peters is a fabulous example of a Georgian church. It has been described as “probably the finest provincial Georgian church in...

06 June 2009

Smyth, Edward (1743-1823)

Edward Smyth was Irish – born in County Meath. He was apprenticed to the sculptor Simon Vierpyl and subsequently by Hugh Darley the builder. Darley recommended him to James Gandon who canceled work...

06 June 2009

Darley, Hugh (1701-1771)

Another member of the Darley family who owned the Ardbraccan and Golden Hill quarries, Hugh Darley was also associated with Trinity College. He was the architect of the Dining Hall and supervised the...