Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Inchicore

23 June 2014

1875 – Mary Immaculate Church, Inchicore, Dublin

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Started in the early 1870s, the facade of this church was Ashlin was not completed until the 1920s. The church was opened in 1878 although not fully completed due to...

23 April 2014

1886 – Methodist Chapel, Inchicore, Dublin

Architect: William Kaye-Parry Closed in 1964 and sold. “The building is faced externally with Thompson’s red pressed facing bricks. Internally the walls are finished in grey coating and the red brick window jambs...

11 December 2013

1814 – Richmond Barracks, Inchicore, Dublin

Building of Richmond Barracks started in 1810 and it was occupied by the British Army from 1814. It was named after The 4th Duke of Richmond, Charles Lennox. Described in 1837, “The Richmond...

25 November 2013

1969 – St. Michael’s Estate, Inchicore, Dublin

Architect: Arthur Swift & Partners Built on the site of the old Richmond Barracks, and finally demolished after years of decline in 2013, St Michael’s Estate had become a byword for poor quality...

22 April 2013

1864 – St. Jude’s Church, Inchicore, Dublin

Architect: Welland & Gillespie Constructed between 1862 and 1864 in an Early English gothic style at a cost of £4,000. Demolished in 1988, leaving only the tower and spire. Supposedly the stonework was...

11 August 2010

1846 – Engine Shed, Irish Rail Works, Inchicore, Dublin

Architect: Sancton Wood Inchicore Works is the headquarters for Mechanical Engineering and Rolling Stock maintenance in Irish Rail. Established in 1846, it is the largest engineering complex of its kind in Ireland with...

23 April 2009

1846 – Irish Rail Works, Inchicore, Dublin

Inchicore Works is the headquarters for Mechanical Engineering and Rolling Stock maintenance in Irish Rail. Established in 1846, it is the largest engineering complex of its kind in Ireland with a site area...