Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Irish country houses

30 September 2014

1860s – The Castle, Bailieborough, Co. Cavan

Victorian house, the home of the 1st and indeed last Lord Lisgar, who was Governor of New South Wales, and later Governor-General of Canada. Also known as Lisgar House or Bailieborough Castle. In...

30 September 2014

1750 – Bellinter House, Assey, Co. Meath

Architect: Richard Cassels Bellinter House was home to the Preston family for nearly two centuries and is one of the finest examples of country architecture in Co. Meath. Bellinter House was built in...

29 September 2014

1865 – Redburn House, Holywood, Co. Down

Architect: Lanyon, Lynn and Lanyon Redburn House was designed by the architects Lanyon, Lynn and Lanyon and built for Robert Grimshaw Dunville and his wife Jeannie in 1865. The Dunvilles were wealthy landowners...

29 September 2014

1830s – Sion House, Navan, Co. Meath

Sion House was one of the residences of the Dunville family and it was used by them as a base for their pursuit of hunting. It was bought in the late 1870s by...

23 September 2014

1802 – Markree Castle, Co. Sligo

Architect: Francis Johnston The castle, as we see it today, dates from 1802 with exterior changes by the architect Francis Johnston and with some changes made, mainly to the interior, in 1896. Semi-derelict...

03 July 2014

1864 – Tinode House, Blessington, Co. Wicklow

Architect: William Caldbeck Tinode House was burned to the ground in 1922 by the IRA, and has since been partially rebuilt. Part of the entrance front was reconstructed as a single storey as...

13 June 2014

1860s – Kircassock House, Magheralin, Co. Armagh

During the 1860s, the house was own by Jonathan Richardson MP, who had Alfred Waterhouse design some alterations, after which the house had assumed the form illustrated. During the Second World War the...

02 June 2014

1710s – Knox-Hannyngton House, Dungannon, Co Tyrone

The site contained a castle from the early 15th century, which was the headquarters of the O’Neills until the Flight of the Earls in 1607. The land was seized and granted to Sit...

29 May 2014

1660s – Beaulieu, Co. Louth

The buildings at Beaulieu, evolved over time, from tower house to Jacobean building, finally being redesigned as a grand mansion, in the English style, by the Tichbourne family. As such, it is a...

Pages:1234567...20Next »