Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Irish Presbyterian Churches

13 June 2014

1896 – All Souls Church, Elmwood Avenue, Belfast

Architect: George W. Planck Second Presbyterian Congregation founded in 1708, with the York Street Congregation founded in 1840. Present building largely completed in 1896. Design chosen after an architectural competition in 1895 –...

12 June 2014

1887 – Presbyterian Church, Windsor, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Young & Mackenzie A fine Victorian Gothic church on a elevated site, that is still in use today by its congregation. A later school was erected in the 1880s and connected to...

06 May 2014

1881 – Donore Presbyterian Church, South Circular Road, Dublin

Architect: William Stirling Presbyterian church and manse constructed for a congregation of around 500. Originally constructed for a congregation of Presbyterians who were based next to the Guinness Brewery and accepted a buy-out...

09 April 2014

1885 – Second Presbyterian Church, Ballymoney, Co. Antrim

Architect: Young & Mackenzie The foundation stone of the New Church was laid on the 17th of June, 1884, and the Church was opened for worship on the 11th September, 1885, by the...

07 April 2014

1899 – Presbyterian Church, Cushendall, Co. Antrim

Architect: William J. Fennell From The Building News: “A new Presbyterian church was recently opened at Cushendall, Co. Antrim. It is constructed of stone, and is Early English in style. Mr. William J....

26 March 2014

1878 – Presbyterian Church, Ballymacarret, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Young & Mackenzie A church, at Ballymacarrett on the Newtownards Road, completed in 1878 to a design by Young and Mackenzie. The graceful round tower adds vertical emphasis to what is rather...

25 March 2014

1831 – 2nd Presbyterian Church, Moneymore, Co. Derry

Architect: William J. Booth This classical barn style church was erected in 1831 as the Meeting House for the congregation, which had seceded from the 1st Presbyterian Church on Stonard St., in 1818....

25 March 2014

1827 – Presbyterian Church, Ballykelly, Co. Derry

Architect: Richard Suter Constructed by the Fishmongers Company London who owned the land around Ballykelly for the local populace after they discovered the poor condition of the existing church. Richard Suter was Surveyor...

19 March 2014

1876 – Presbyterian Church, Donemana, Co. Tyrone

Architect: William McElwee Still in use today, this is a fine Presbyterian chirch finished in local limestone on a slightly elevated site above streetlevel. “Donemana, where this church is being built , is...

Pages:1234Next »