Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Irish Presbyterian Churches

25 March 2014

1827 – Presbyterian Church, Ballykelly, Co. Derry

Architect: Richard Suter Constructed by the Fishmongers Company London who owned the land around Ballykelly for the local populace after they discovered the poor condition of the existing church. Richard Suter was Surveyor...

19 March 2014

1876 – Presbyterian Church, Donemana, Co. Tyrone

Architect: William McElwee Still in use today, this is a fine Presbyterian chirch finished in local limestone on a slightly elevated site above streetlevel. “Donemana, where this church is being built , is...

05 March 2014

1881 – Cunningham Memorial Presbyterian Church, Cullybackey, Co. Antrim

Architect: Young & Mackenzie Cruciform church constructed to replace an earlier church of 1781 on same site. With its 130 ft spire, the church is very much a local landmark. External walls of...

26 February 2014

1900 – Presbyterian Church, Whiteabbey, Co. Antrim

Architect: Nicholas Fitzsimons Originally built in 1866, but destroyed by fire in 1899 which left only the side walls standing. Rebuilt to designs by Nicholas Fitzsimons, and still in use today. Located on...

16 August 2013

1858 – Presbyterian Church & School, Clones, Co. Monaghan

Architect: William J. Barre Simple Presbyterian church, probably by William Barre, with slightly later school adjacent.

25 July 2013

1870 – St. Enoch’s Presbyterian Church, Carlisle Circus, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Anthony Thomas Jackson Erected in the early 1870s, it was one of the largest Presbyterian churches in all of Ulster. St Enoch’s had a magnificent theatre-like interior with two tiers of galleries...

15 March 2013

1901 – Presbyterian Church, Mallow St., Limerick

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Construction started on this red-brick church with Portland stone dressings in 1899, with dedication in 1901. Decommissioned as a church during the 1970s after which it was temporarily used as...

05 November 2012

1899 – St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, Blackrock, Co. Dublin

Architect: Murray & Forrester Presbyterian church designed by John Campbell Murray of Murray & Forrester, of London. The building is designed in an octagonal shape fronted by a large tower containing the main...

12 July 2012

1861 – Post Office, Clonakilty, Co. Cork

Former Presbyterian Church, now converted into a local Post Office. The church was taken over by the department of Post and Telegraphs in 1924.