Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Irish Presbyterian Churches

25 July 2013

1870 – St. Enoch’s Presbyterian Church, Carlisle Circus, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Anthony Thomas Jackson Erected in the early 1870s, it was one of the largest Presbyterian churches in all of Ulster. St Enoch’s had a magnificent theatre-like interior with two tiers of galleries...

15 March 2013

1901 – Presbyterian Church, Mallow St., Limerick

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Construction started on this red-brick church with Portland stone dressings in 1899, with dedication in 1901. Decommissioned as a church during the 1970s after which it was temporarily used as...

05 November 2012

1899 – St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, Blackrock, Co. Dublin

Architect: Murray & Forrester Presbyterian church designed by John Campbell Murray of Murray & Forrester, of London. The building is designed in an octagonal shape fronted by a large tower containing the main...

07 October 2012

1903 – Presbyterian Church, Convoy, Co. Donegal

Architect: John McIntyre Built to replace a church of the 1780s, McIntyre ‘took the design from Vincent Craig’s First Presbyterian Church at Omagh’.

12 July 2012

1861 – Post Office, Clonakilty, Co. Cork

Former Presbyterian Church, now converted into a local Post Office. The church was taken over by the department of Post and Telegraphs in 1924.

04 May 2012

1847 – Presbyterian Church, Ormond Quay, Dublin

Architect: Edward P. Gribbon Fine church with a large window and twin towers on its main (and only) elevation to the street. Destroyed in a fire, leaving only the ground floor entrances intact....

26 March 2012

1823 – First Presbyterian Church, Moneymore, Co. Derry

Architect: Jessie Gibson Jessie Gibson was employed as surveyor by three City of London companies, the Saddlers’, the Drapers’ and the Vintners’. It was as surveyor to the Draper’s Company, a post which...

09 January 2012

1872 – Elmwood Hall, Queen’s University Belfast

Architect: John Corry Designed by amateur architect John Corry, Elmwood Hall, a former Presbyterian Church, is the concert hall for Queen’s University. Originally designed in 1859, it was not completed until the construction...

07 January 2012

1790 – Meeting-House, Rosemary Street, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Dr. Drummond’s Meeting-House, Second Congregation, Rosemary Street, was built 1790, nad demolished 1964. It is believed that architect Francis Hiorne who designed St. Anne’s Church was consulted on the design. It is unclear...