Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

J.E. Rogers

07 April 2010

1864 – Carmichael School of Medicine, North Brunswick Street, Dublin

Architect: J.E. Rogers Designed in 1864 as a school of medicine beside the three northside hospitals (Brunswick, Richmond and the Hardwicke, all now closed), the Carmichael building is now office accommodation. J.E. Rogers...

18 February 2010

1870 – No.29 Dame Street, Dublin

Architect: J.E. Rogers Built in the narrow Wide Streets Commissioners plot, is this ornate office building for the Caledonian Fire & Life Insurance Company. The pair of windows on the first floor are...

28 January 2010

1866 – St Mary’s Church of Ireland, Howth, Co. Dublin

Architect: J.E. Rogers St Mary’s stands on a pretty elevated site next to the entrance to Howth Castle. Designed by J.E. Rogers, who was a student of Benjamin Woodward, it is an attractive...

28 January 2010

1865 – Church of Ireland, Skerries, Co. Dublin

Architect: J.E. Rogers A gothic revival church commissioned by Lord Holmpatrick and sited close to the older and now ruined church and churchyard. The building has quite an austere exterior despite its off-centre...

20 January 2010

1872 – Former Rectory, Clyde Road, Dublin

Architect: J.E. Rogers The former rectory by J.E. Rogers, and the parish hall of 1880 by Sir Thomas Newenham Deane were sold off some years ago. They are now maintained by the Knights...