Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Jacob Owen

08 April 2010

1835 – Arbour Hill Prison, Dublin

Architect: Jacob Owen, Joshua Webb, Richard Cuming The smallest of Dublin’s Victorian prisons, Arbour Hill Prison was originally designed in 1835 by Jacob Owen and later rebuilt in 1845 by Sir Joshua Webb...

19 February 2010

1838 – Police Office and Armoury, Dublin Castle

Architect: Jacob Owen A fine small neo-classical building in the lower yard of Dublin Castle – of five bays with a large central carriage arch. Built as the Police Office Yard and Armoury.

19 February 2010

1834 – Stable and Carriage Block, Dublin Castle

Architect: Jacob Owen Now converted into a exhibition and event space, this castellated structure originally houses the State Carriage and other carriages.

05 February 2010

1850 – Criminal Lunatic Asylum, Dundrum, Co. Dublin

Architect: Jacob Owen & Frederick Clarendon

05 February 2010

1850 – Chapel, St Mary’s Hospital, Phoenix Park, Dublin

Architect: Jacob Owen / E.T. Owen A small church in a Gothic Revival style originally by Jacob Owen. Later extended by E.T. Owen who added an extra bay and a bellcote to the...

05 February 2010

1842 – Garda Headquarters, Phoenix Park, Dublin

Architect: Jacob Owen In 1836 the old County or Provincial Constabulary forces of Ireland were merged in a new centralised Constabulary of Ireland. The Phoenix Park in Dublin was chosen as the most...

05 February 2010

1840 – Islandbridge Gate Lodge, Phoenix Park, Dublin

Architect: Jacob Owen Another fine gatelodge to the park, complete with ornate metal revolving pedestrian gate by J. & C. McGloughlin and unusual octagonal piers. The house is in a Tudo cottage orné...

06 November 2009

1879 – Post Office, Cork

Architect: Jacob Owen / T.J. Mellon Large post office building with a fine curved façade with arcaded windows. Designed by Jacob Owen of the Board of Works and later extended by T.J. Mellon...

01 March 2009

1842 – Central Infants Model School, Marlborough Street, Dublin

Architect: Jacob Owen Small classical pavilion built between the two more substantial buildings of the Department of Education – the former Tyrone House and its later duplicate. Destroyed by fire in 1982 and...