Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

James F. Kempster

15 April 2013

1864 – Convent of Mercy Chapel, Society St., Ballinasloe, Co. Galway

Architect: James F. Kempster Gothic chapel designed by the County Surveypr for the Sisters of Mercy convent. The spire on the short tower is quite distinctive. Photograph courtesy, and copyright of Keith J....

15 April 2013

1833 – St Brigid’s Psychiatric Hospital, Ballinasloe, Co. Galway

Architect: William Murray / James F. Kempster Formerly known as Ballinasloe District Asylum. Originally designed by William Murray, as a “1st class” asylum with accommodation for 150 patients. Later extended by James F....

15 April 2013

1863 – Railway Hotel, Ballinasloe, Co. Galway

Architect: James F. Kempster Designed by the County Surveyor for the East Riding of Co. Galway – Kempster got the post aged twenty-one and held it for fifty-three years. A small Tudor-Gothic building,...