Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

James H. Owen

14 February 2014

1886 – Former Post Office, Royal Avenue, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: James H. Owen Belfast’s General Post Office that stood on Royal Avenue, by James Owen of the Board of Works. It was built from Dungannon stone with a machicolated cornice and Romanesque...

02 July 2013

1866 – Public Records Office, Four Courts, Dublin

Architect: James H. Owen & E.T. Owen The repository of Irish records that dated from medieval times to 1922. It was used to store ammunition by the Anti-Treaty rebels occupying the Four Courts,...

09 April 2013

1865 – Model Schools, Anglesea Street, Cork

Architect: James H. Owen Italianate school with campanile, finished externally in red and black brick with Portland stone dressings. Used as a school until the early 1990s, and now in use as a...

28 January 2010

1859 – Coastguard Station, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: James H. Owen – Board of Public Works Like others built along the Irish coastline, this coastguard station features a lookout tower and residential units for crews and their families. Here, the...

31 December 2009

2000 – Model Arts and Niland Gallery, Sligo, Co. Sligo

Architects: James H. Owen / McCullough Mulvin The original building was designed by James Owen of the Board of Works to provide education to all demoninations between 1857-63. Part residence and school, the...

30 September 2009

1860 – Model School, Monaghan, Co. Monaghan

Architect: James H. Owen / Board of Public Works Austere Model School built by the Board of Public Works in 1860. Still in use today, the school had two separate entrances for boys...