Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

James Pain

09 May 2013

1820s – Court House, Dungarvan, Co. Waterford

Architect: James Pain This fine limestone building was erected in the late 1820’s and was probably designed by James Pain. With its three round-headed windows to light the courtroom, and the small wings...

26 March 2013

1839 – Former Bank, 1 Mallow Street, Limerick

Architect: James Pain Former branch of the Provincial Bank of Ireland, which later after a series of mergers became AIB. Fine stone facade of five bays with symmetrical treatment of the entrances to...

08 November 2012

1825 – Convamore House, Ballyhooly, Co. Cork

Architect: James Pain Large classical house built on an elevated site overlooking the River Blackwater, constructed for the 1st Earl of Listowel. It remained the Irish seat of the family until it was...

29 October 2012

1828 – Clarina Castle, Clarina. Co. Limerick

Architect: James Pain & George Pain Also known as Elm Park. Designed by the Pains, for 3rd Baron Clarina, in the late 1820s with further work by Rawson Carroll in the 1880s. Demolished...

26 October 2012

1829 – Blackrock Castle, Co. Cork

Architect: James Pain Blackrock Castle was in the ownership of the City of Cork following a charter of James I to the City in 1608. The castle is later referred to in the...

19 March 2012

1823 – Mitchelstown Castle, Mitchelstown, Co. Cork

Architect: James Pain & George Pain In 1823, after his succession to his title, George, 3rd Earl of Kingston, demolished the previous Palladian house and replaced it with a new castle designed by...

09 December 2009

1835 – Dromoland Castle, Co. Clare

Architect: James & George Pain Work began around 1822 and cost about 50,000 to complete. The Pain brothers submitted some classical designs but their client Edward O’Brien, 4th Baronet Inchiquin, chose their neo-gothic...

11 November 2009

1832 – Adare Manor, Co. Limerick

Architect: James Pain Adare Manor was not always so imposing. In the 1820s the building was a refined Georgian house, without turrets and other elaborate details. However, Lady Caroline Wyndham wanted to give...

11 November 2009

1844 – St Michael’s Church of Ireland, Limerick

Architect: James Pain / William Fogerty Prior to the construction of this fine Gothic church, there was an earlier Georgian church constructed with the development of Newtown Pery (the Georgian area of Limerick)....

Pages:12Next »