Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

J.J. O’Callaghan

23 June 2014

1883 – Chapel, Schools of the Twin Sisters, Marino, Clontarf, Dublin

Architect: J.J. O’Callaghan Now known as the O’Brien Institute, this building was to serve as an orphan home and school, financed by a trust that was founded by Bridget O’Brien in 1876. The...

11 June 2014

1885 – Holy Ghost Hospital, Waterford

Architect: J.J. O’Callaghan Founded in 1545, in the nineteenth century the hospital removed to the suburbs and in 1882 construction of the present hospital was started. A stone over the main entrance reads...

26 May 2014

1884 – Junior House, All Hallow’s College, Drumcondra, Dublin

Architect: J.J. O’Callaghan “In our present number we give a perspective view of this new building, the plans for which were obtained in a limited competition decided a few days since. The principal...

07 May 2014

1886 – Design for Cardinal MacCabe Memorial, Glasnevin, Dublin

Architect: J.J. O’Callaghan Premiated designs for memorial to Roman Catholic Prelate Cardinal MacCabe. The competition was won by George C. Ashlin. Illustration published in The Irish Builder, July 1 1886.

02 April 2014

1889 – Nos. 16-17 Suffolk Street, Dublin

Architect: J.J. O’Callaghan Now demolished and replaced with a office building in 1957 for the Friends’ Provident & Century Assurance Co. “With present issue we give a view of 16 and 17 Suffolk-street,...

25 March 2014

1885 – St. Michael’s Church, Castletown Geoghegan, Co. Westmeath

Architect: J.J. O’Callaghan Largely constructed by 1885 of local limestone with Tullamore limestone dressings – the tower, spire, and organ gallery were later added by T.F. McNamara to O’Callaghan’s original designs. The interior...

03 March 2014

1888 – Second Design for Northern Assurance Co., Westmoreland Street, Dublin

Architect: J.J. O’Callaghan Entrant in an architectural competition to design offices for the Northern Fire and Life Assurance Company. O’Callaghan entered two external designs, an approach that was common enough in Victorian architectural...

28 February 2014

1888 – Design for Northern Assurance Co., Westmoreland Street, Dublin

Architect: J.J. O’Callaghan Entrant in an architectural competition to design offices for the Northern Fire and Life Assurance Company. Published in The Irish Builder, December 1 1888. Described as “The style is a...

01 April 2013

1880 – St Raphael’s College, Loughrea, Co. Galway

Architect: J.J. O’Callaghan Former Convent of Mercy complex, now is use as a school. Later wing by W.H. Byrne & Son. The chapel is now in use as school sports hall. Quite a...

Pages:123Next »