Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

John B. Keane

18 February 2014

1830 – Ballybay House, Ballybay, Co. Monaghan

Architect: John B. Keane Ballybay House, residence of Edward John Henry Leslie C.M.G., M.V.O; (1890-1966), British Ambassador to Rome, which was destroyed by the IRA on 2nd June 1921. It was two storeys...

18 November 2013

1840 – Magheramena Castle, Belleek, Co. Fermanagh

Architect: John B. Keane Constructed between 1835 and 1840, with the design exhibited at the RHA in 1840. In the Tudor-Gothic style, it was of two storeys, with irregular facades, polygonal turrets and...

15 April 2013

1850 – University College Galway

Architect: John B. Keane Unusual university building, originally built as one of the Queen’s Colleges in Ireland, a fully enclosed quadrangle in a Gothick style. The quad is entered through an archway under...

01 July 2010

1832 – St. Francis Xavier, Gardiner Street, Dublin

Architect: John B. Keane A fine classical temple by John B. Keane although the parish website says “The High Altar….was designed and assembled in Rome by Fr. B. Esmonde…who with Mr John B....

19 February 2010

1827 – Mercy International Centre, Baggot Street, Dublin

Architect: John B. Keane In 1824, with the blessing of Dublin’s Archbishop Daniel Murray, Catherine McAuley bought land on Lower Baggot Street, and built a home for unemployed girls, homeless children and the...

19 January 2010

1835 – Courthouse, Tullamore, Co. Offaly

Architect: John B. Keane Burnt out in 1922, the Courthouse was rebuilt and also re-modelled in 1925 with the addition of external windows, and the removal of the statue of Justice over the...

06 January 2010

1839 – Barmeath Castle, Dunleer, Co. Louth

Architect: John B. Keane / Thomas Smith Originally the site of a medieval Castle of the Pale, it was enlarged in the mid 18th century into a Georgian residence. At this stage it...

13 November 2009

1845 – St. John’s Church, Waterford

Architect: John B. Keane A well designed and maintained Gothic Revival church, the exterior of the church has high quality local stone masonry, particularly to the carved stone detailing which retains its detail....

12 November 2009

1867 – St. Mary’s Church, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary

Architect:John B. Keane, John Bourke, G.C. Ashlin, George Goldie Designed by John B. Keane, St. Mary’s took over twenty years to complete and Keane died during construction. The church was then completed by...