Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

John D. Atchison

10 May 2010

1915 – Curry Building, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: John D. Atchison Developed by City Comptroller Duncan Steele Curry (1852-1925) on the site of a previous property owned by himself. Recession and world war forced some developers to cancel projects. Curry,...

06 May 2010

1916 – Hamilton Building (Former Bank of Hamilton), Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: John D. Atchison In 1897, the building and lot on the south-east corner of Main and McDermot was purchased for $30,000 by the Bank of Hamilton. Extensive alterations and an addition were...

27 April 2010

1906 – Fairchild Building, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: John D. Atchison & Herbert B. Rugh J.D. Atchison, a Chicago-trained architect, who set up his very successful Winnipeg office in 1905, designed the building and another relocated Chicago designer, H. B....

27 April 2010

1893 – Peck Building, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: Charles H. Wheeler / John D. Atchison This warehouse was built in 1893, for clothing manufacterer and importer, John W. Peck. Designed by Charles H. Wheeler, it is located on the corner...

22 April 2010

1912 – Union Trust Tower, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: John D. Atchison The Union Trust Tower occupies an unusually long and narrow site at the corner of Lombard Avenue and Main Street. The long and narrow shape of the property had...

22 April 2010

1922 – Great West Life Building, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: John D. Atchison Erected for one of Western Canada’s largest financial institutions, the Great-West Life Assurance Company which was founded in Winnipeg in 1891, this building is a fine example of the...

22 April 2010

1908 – Maltese Cross Building, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: John D. Atchison This Edwardian building has characteristic red clay brick facades with dressed stone on the main floor. Details in the shape of the maltese cross are featured throughout. There is...

22 April 2010

1909 – Canada Permanent Building, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: John D. Atchison This red sandstone building was for many years the home of the Canada Permanent Trust Company. Built in 1909, the ground floor contained offices and banking facilities with additional...

22 April 2010

1908 – Inglis Block, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: John D. Atchison / Herbert B. Rugh The North West Commercial Travellers’ Association Building or Inglis Building has it has reverted to, is an excellent example of Chicago Style with its ornate...