Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

John Douglas

03 January 2014

1881 – Barrow Court, Chester, Cheshire

Architect: John Douglas This was one of Douglas’ largest country houses, built for the grain merchant, Hugh Lyle Smyth. It has been demolished. Also known as Barrowmore. “Barrow-court is pleasantly situated on an...

11 March 2013

1870 – St. Alban’s Church, Tattenhall, Cheshire

Architect: John Douglas It is believed that a church has existed on this site since the time of the Norman conquest. Although the tower and parts of the present church date from the...

11 August 2012

1875 – Cottage & Stables, Eccleston, Cheshire

Architect: John Douglas Two buildings for The Duke of Westminster at Eccleston – a cottage, and a carriage house with stables. The village is situated on the estate of the Duke of Westminster...

23 June 2010

1886 – Abbeystead, Wyresdale, Lancashire

Architect: Douglas & Fordham Designed for the 4th Earl of Sefton and published in The Building News, July 9th 1886. The partnership of Douglas & Fordham designed the house and it has been...

05 November 2009

1881 – St. Chad’s Church, Hopwas, Staffordshire

Architect: John Douglas “The above church, which has been built mainly by the exertions of the Vicar of Tamworth, the Rev. W. MacGregor, is situated on a beautifully wooded and elevated site just...

25 October 2009

1881 – Rowden Abbey, Herefordshire

Architect: John Douglas “This new house, of which wo give two views, with ground-plan, is built on the hill- side, a short distance above the site of the abbey from which it takes...

23 October 2009

1875 – Houses for Servants, Eaton, Cheshire

Architect: John Douglas From The Architect, December 25, 1875: These houses are being built near the entrance to Eaton Park from Eccleston village. The walls are of thin bricks; the local red stone...

23 October 2009

1875 – St. George and the Dragon Inn, Great Budworth, Cheshire

Architect: John Douglas From The Architect, December 4, 1875: This is an alteration from a house as shown in small sketch. I Moulded bricks have been used throughout, and brindled tiles for roofs....

23 October 2009

1875 – St. Mary’s Church, Whitegate, Cheshire

Architect: John Douglas From The Architect, December 4, 1875: This church, built in the style shown by the small sketch about JL the year 1730, on the site of a more ancient structure...

Pages:123Next »