Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

John H. G. Russell

14 July 2012

1909 – Child’s Building, Portage Avenue, Winnipeg

Architect: John H. G. Russell Previously known as the McArthur Building. Demolished in the early 1980s to make way for a skyscraper development.

14 August 2011

1883 – Coronation Block, King St., Winnipeg

Architect: John H. G. Russell The Coronation Block, or more popularly the Shanghai Restaurant, was a two storey structure with graceful curved ends. The building had some fine detailing under the metal cornice....

27 April 2010

1906 – Galpern (Porter) Building, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: John H.G. Russell In 1906 James Porter whose firm James Porter and Company previously had been housed in cramped quarters on Main Street, employed John H.G. Russell, one of the city’s best...

27 April 2010

1911 – 212 McDermot – Lake of the Woods Building, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: John H.G. Russell Built in 1901 of red brick, its location was selected because of its closeness to the Grain Exchange on Princess. Built in stages, all designed by John H. G....

27 April 2010

1905 – Carnefac Block, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: John H.G. Russell Small warehouse building until recently in use as a French Bistro. The interior features a wooden post and beam construction and exposed brickwork.

27 April 2010

1913 – Adelman Building, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: John H.G. Russell Constructed in 1903 as the new Campbell Brothers and Wilson warehouse, the Adelman Building was located on the C.P.R. spur line that still runs behind Princess Street. Three large...

27 April 2010

1903 – Bole Drug Building, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: John H.G. Russell Another fine warehouse by John H.G. Russell, the Bole Drug Building was designed specificially for pharmaceutical production. The various departments, each supervised by qualified chemists, were efficiently organized for...

23 April 2010

1913 – YMCA, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: Jackson & Rosencrans / John H.G. Russell The central Winnipeg YMCA was designed by Jackson and Rosencrans of New York, assisted by architect J.H.G. Russell of Winnipeg. Both names appear on the...

21 April 2010

1899 – No. 189 Bannatyne (McClary Building), Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: S. Frank Peters Like other warehouses on Bannatyne Avenue, the McClary Building benefited from a railway spur to the rear in what is now John Hirsch Place. Much like other Peters designs,...

Pages:12Next »