Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

John Johnson

09 March 2013

1815 – St. Brendan’s Church of Ireland, Birr, Co. Offaly

Architect: John Johnson / Sir Thomas Drew Built in 1815, to a design by architect John Johnson, with four-bay nave and five-stage tower. Extended in 1876 by Sir Thomas Drew, who added a...

24 January 2013

1868 – House at Sevenoaks, Kent

Architect: John Johnson From The Building News: “THIS house, of which we give perspective and plans, has been erected, under the superintendence of Mr. John Johnson, architect, Moor- gate-street, City, by Mr. D....

03 March 2011

1862 – The Colquhoun Mortuary Chapel, Woking, Surrey

Architect: John Johnson “The Mortuary Chapel illustrated in the accompanying plate is built entirely of Bath stone; the roof is of stone, carried on arches. Internally the sides are divided into compartments by...

03 March 2011

1854 – St. Matthew’s Church, Cobo, Guernsey

Architect: John Johnson Designed by John Johnson in the Romanesque style which originated in Normandy. This is very much in keeping with its surroundings, since the Channel Islands, whilst being Crown dependencies of...

29 June 2010

1873 – Alexandra Palace, London

Architect: John Johnson & Alfred Meeson Built as “The People’s Palace” in 1873, Alexandra Palace provided the Victorians with a great environment and recreation centre, but just sixteen days after its opening, the...

23 July 2009

1892 – New Public Library, Bermondsey, London

Architect: John Johnson

26 June 2009

1879 – Ipswich Post Office, Suffolk

Architect: John Johnson “To-DAY we give a view, with plans, of the chosen design for the New Post-Office at Ipswich. It was selected by Mr. Charles Barry, who, on the score that none...