Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

John L. Pearson

30 March 2011

1876 – St Brendan’s Church, Kirk Braddan, Isle of Man

Architect: John L. Pearson Designed by John Loughborough Pearson in the Early English style, it is built in local pale-red clay brick, with windows, pillars in York stone, and faced outside in local...

04 January 2011

1883 – Church of St. Stephen, Bournemouth, Dorset

Architect: John L. Pearson Published in The Building News, February 22nd 1884. John Loughborough Pearson’s design for the second St Stephen’s Church. The nave was erected between 1881 and 1883, and the chancel...

04 October 2010

1880 – Truro Cathedral, Cornwall

Architect: John L. Pearson Construction began in 1880 to a design by the architect John Loughborough Pearson, after an architectural competition. The design combines the Early English style with certain French characteristics, chiefly...

06 May 2010

Pearson, Frank Loughborough (1864 – 1947)

Frank Loughborough Pearson was born on 14 January 1864, the only son of the architect John Loughborough Pearson and Jemima Christian. She was the sister of the architect Joseph Henry Christian and cousin...

05 November 2009

1880 – Westwood House, Sydenham, London

Architect: John L. Pearson Westwood House started life modestly around 1720 as an Inn but was developed and redeveloped over the years culminating in John Loughborough Pearson’s design for Henry Littleton in 1881....

23 October 2009

1875 – St. Augustine’s Church, Kilburn, London

Architect: John L. Pearson According to Pevsner, one of the finest churches of its period in England. The 254ft tall spire was constructed in 1898, and is a local landmark. However the network...

29 September 2009

Pearson, John Loughborough (1817-1897)

John Loughborough Pearson was born in Brussels on 5 July 1817, the grandson of William Pearson, topographical artist and son of a Durham lawyer. He was educated in Durham and articled to Ignatius...

21 July 2009

1885 – Westminster Hall New Additions, London

Architect: John L. Pearson

16 July 2009

1860 – Schools of St. Mary-the-Less, Lambeth, London

Architect: John L. Pearson In 1860 The Prince of Wales laid the foundation stones of new premises in Millers Lane, built on the site of the Vauxhall Gardens as part of a redevelopment...