Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

John L. Robinson

16 July 2014

1878 – High Altar, SS. Michael & John’s Church, Dublin

Architect: John L. Robinson The former Church of Saints Michael & John was built in 1813. Although the external fabric of the Church of SS. Michael and John still stands, the interior was...

20 March 2014

1878 – Design proposals for Great Western Square, Dublin

Architects: James H. Bridgford & G.P. Beater, John L. Robinson Design proposals for artisan dwellings for the Midland Great Western Railway Company adjacent to Broadstone Station in Dublin. About eighty designs were submitted...

12 April 2012

1893 – Unbuilt adaptations to Mater Misericordiae Hospital, Dublin

Architect: John L. Robinson Incomplete scheme that added a chapel and wards to the earlier building by John Bourke of 1861. The scheme included a tower on the main block, possibly to emulate...

08 December 2011

1884 – Uncompleted designs for St. Saviour’s Priory, Dublin

Architect: John L. Robinson Design for an priory with enclosed quadrangle adjacent to St. Saviour’s Church. Built in a modified form, the building was never fully completed. Ironically the funds for this building...

03 May 2011

1880 – St. Joseph’s Carmelite Church, Berkeley Road, Dublin

Architect: O’Neill & Byrne / John L. Robinson Construction started in 1875 and the church was largely completed and consecrated in 1880. The North-Western bell tower was constructed between 1892-3 to the designs...

17 September 2009

1878 – Presbytery & Industrial Schools Booterstown, Co. Dublin

Architect: John L. Robinson In Ireland the Industrial Schools Act of 1868 established industrial schools (Irish: scoileanna saothair) to care for “neglected, orphaned and abandoned children”. In recent times these schools have become...

17 September 2009

1878 – New Magdalen Asylum & Laundry & Proposed Convent, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: John L. Robinson

17 September 2009

1879 – Sedes Sapientiae (Training School) Baggot St., Dublin

Architect: John L. Robinson In the early 1830s Catherine McAuley started training courses in the Baggot Street Convent to qualify able students who wished to become governesses or teachers in various schools throughout...

17 September 2009

1875 – St. Michael’s Hospital & Proposed Convent of Mercy, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: John L. Robinson From The Architect, November 20, 1875: Thiis another charitable institution managed by the Sisters of Mercy at the desire of the Very Rev. Monsignor McCabe, P.P., to meet the...

Pages:12Next »