Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

John Lanyon

06 May 2014

1877 – Railway Station, Whitehead, Co. Antrim

Architect: John Lanyon / Berkeley Deane Wise Originally designed by John Lanyon with later work by Berkeley Deane Wise who was the chief architect of the Belfast and Northern Counties Railway company and...

27 March 2014

1875 – Waterside Railway Station, Derry

Architect: John Lanyon The Belfast & Northern Counties Railway commissioned an impressive dressed sandstone structure with Italianate tower, which opened in 1875. In addition to the usual train shed, waiting, booking and refreshment...

21 March 2014

1874 – Warehouses, Nos.1-3 Donegall Square South, Belfast

Architect: John Lanyon Large warehouse of red sandstone on the corner of Adelaide Street and Donegall Square for Preston Smyth & Co., and John Preston & Co. Demolished to make way for a...

18 March 2014

1879 – Great Northern Railway Offices, Amiens Street, Dublin

Architect: John Lanyon Designed as offices, constructed in brick and sandstone, and with an Italianate tower which ties in with the towers of the earlier main station building by William Deane Butler. The...

09 August 2013

1890s – Northern Counties Hotel, Portrush, Co. Antrim

Architect: John Lanyon / Berkeley Deane Wise The Belfast and Northern Counties Railway purchased a share in the lease of the well-established Antrim Arms hotel in the 1870s. By 1883 it had formed...

09 July 2012

1875 – Railway Station, Bellarena, Co. Derry

Architect: John Lanyon Bellarena railway station opened on 18 July 1853. It was closed for goods traffic from 4 January 1965. The station was closed on 18 October 1976, but re-opened again on...

16 April 2010

1887 – Northern Bank, Royal Avenue, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: John Lanyon No longer a bank, this fine building was constructed in Dungannon Sandstone with polished granite details including columns. As well as the usual accommodation for the bank branch manager, the...

22 October 2009

1875 – Blarney House, Co. Cork

Architect: Lanyon, Lynn and Lanyon From The Architect, August 21, 1875: This new mansion has just been completed for Sir George C. J_ Colthttest, Bart., it is built of the light blue hammer-dressed...