Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

John McCurdy

26 March 2014

1867 – Schools, Carlow, Co. Carlow

Architect: John McCurdy Strongly reminiscent of the work of Deane and Woodward of a decade before. “With this number we give an illustration of schools at present being erect at Carlow. They are...

13 March 2014

1871 – Kerr & Sons, Nos. 114-115 Capel Street, Dublin

Architect: John McCurdy Fine Victorian warehouse in brick with stucco decoration. In use today as a antiques gallery. “The structure externally presents a good block of building artistically rendered, and adds a new...

28 February 2014

1867 – Wilsons Warehouse, No.26 Nassau St., Dublin

Architect: John McCurdy Demolished to make way for Norwich Union buildings in the 1960s. From The Irish Builder, October 1 1867: “We regret that the Corporation of Dublin, was not in a position,...

07 February 2014

1870 – The Law Club, Nassau St., Dublin

Architect: John McCurdy Gothic club building with two oriel windows at first floor level allowing the members to have a few of the street from their smoking and coffee rooms. Designed by John...

04 October 2013

1789 – Christ Church, Delgany, Co. Wicklow

Architect: Whitmore Davis / Joseph Welland / John McCurdy Founded in the late 1780s, built by Peter La Touche at a cost of £5,000 and possibly designed by Whitmore Davis, with later work...

14 March 2013

1869 – Brittas Castle, Clonaslee, Co. Laois

Architect: John McCurdy / Millar & Symes Built for Major-General Francis Plunkett Dunne in 1869, to a design by John McCurdy. It was extended ten years later by Millar & Symes. Constructed of...

04 October 2012

1862 – Dublin & Glasgow Steam Packet Co., North Wall, Dublin

Architect: John McCurdy A curiously domestic top floor, almost bungalow-looking, has been added to this warehouse and office building by McCurdy. Built as warehouses for the Dublin & Glasgow Steam Packet Co. who...

15 November 2011

1862 – Gateway, Knockdrin Castle, Co. Westmeath

Architect: John McCurdy Castellated entrance on Mullingar side of Knockdrin demesne, for Sir Richard Levinge, Bt.

05 February 2010

1852 – St. Columba’s College, Rathfarnham, Co. Dublin

Architect: Philip Charles Hardwick Design for a proposed building at St. Columba’s College, Co. Dublin by Philip Charles Hardwick – to include chapel, hall and cloister. In 1849, St. Columba’s moved from Stackallan...

Pages:12Next »