Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

John Nash

11 September 2013

1814 – Swiss Cottage, Cahir, Co. Tipperary

Architect: John Nash A “cottage orné” built in the early 1800s by Richard Butler, 1st Earl of Glengall to a design by the famous Regency architect John Nash. Its interior contains a graceful...

28 November 2012

1803 – Killymoon Castle, Cookstown, Co. Tyrone

Architect: John Nash Killymoon Castle is one of John Nash’s earliest castles, built ca 1803 for William Stewart MP, incorporating part of the previous house which was burnt ca 1800. Built on a...

13 November 2012

1807 – Lissan Rectory, Cookstown, Co. Tyrone

Architect: John Nash Picturesque Italianate villa, for Rev. John Molesworth Staples (nephew, by marriage, of James Staples of Killymoon Castle, also designed by Nash. Later additions included the balcony, and the removal of...

28 October 2012

1822 – Lough Key Castle, Boyle, Co. Roscommon

Architect: John Nash Sited on Castle Island (named due to a 13th century tower on it) in Lough Key, and locally attributed to John Nash. Built originally as a folly or large summerhouse...

15 October 2012

1807 – Kilwaughter Castle, Co. Antrim

Architect: John Nash The present building incorporates a Scottish style plantation house of ca 1622, built by Patrick Agnew. Between 1803-07 the present Georgian castle was built for Edward Jones Agnew by John...

14 October 2012

1820 – Tynan Abbey, Co. Armagh

Architect: John Nash Designed by John Nash who had a cluster of work in the area including Caledon House in Co. Tyrone, and some lodges at Castle Leslie in Co. Monaghan, both very...

21 March 2012

1806 – Shanbally Castle, Clogheen, Co. Tipperary

Architect: John Nash Shanbally Castle was built for Cornelius O’Callaghan, the first Viscount Lismore and was the largest house built in Ireland by the noted English architect John Nash. Acquired by the Irish...

19 March 2012

1810 – Rockingham, Boyle, Co. Roscommon

Architect: John Nash Originally built as a two storey house for General Robert King by John Nash. In 1822 an extra floor was added and after a fire in the 1860s it was...

29 June 2010

1811 – Caledon House, Co. Tyrone

Architect: John Nash The estate was bought from the seventh Earl of Cork for £94,400 by James Alexander (later first Earl of Caledon) in 1776. Between 1806 and 1811 the first Earl of...

Pages:12Next »