Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

John Smyth

18 March 2015

1834 – Gate Lodges, Ballysaggartmore, Co. Waterford

Architect: John Smyth According to the Dublin Penny Journal, a John Smyth, described elsewhere as a gardener, was the architect of the extravagantly castellated gateway and avenue bridge at Ballysaggartmore. Built for the...

03 December 2014

1768 – Poolbeg Lighthouse, Dublin

Architect: John Smyth The Great South Wall on which Poolbeg Lighthouse stands, extends from Ringsend over 4km out to sea. It was the world’s longest sea-wall at the time of it’s construction and...

14 December 2011

1762 – St. Thomas’s Church, Marlborough St., Dublin

Architect: John Smyth Construction started in 1758 and took four years to complete. Based on Palladio’s church of the Rendentore at Venice. Described by Malton as ‘…the church of St Thomas is an...

27 March 2009

1769 – St. Catherine’s Church, Thomas St., Dublin

Architect: John Smyth Originally built in 1185, the church was rebuilt in its present form in the 18th century by John Smyth (or Smith). Maurice Craig maintained that St. Catherine’s has “the finest...

Skip to toolbar