Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

John Sterling Butler

08 January 2015

1878 – St. Vincent de Paul Orphanage, Glasnevin, Dublin

Architect: John Sterling Butler / John L. Robinson Opened in 1857, where the apartments in Dalcassian Downs now stand. This had accommodation for 150 boys and also provided school facilities. Known as St...

14 March 2013

1860s – Loreto Convent, Bray, Co. Wicklow

Architect: John Sterling Butler A Georgian house that was “gothicised” and later added to by John Sterling Butler. The gothic dress was added c.1834 and a large twenty-two sided conservatory was also added....

09 February 2013

1869 – Church of St. Cronan, Roscrea, Co. Tipperary

Architect: William Deane Butler / John Sterling Butler Work on Roscrea’s fine Roman Catholic church took many years, with the foundation stone being laid in 1843. However the Famine stalled work, and it...