Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Kent

24 January 2013

1868 – House at Sevenoaks, Kent

Architect: John Johnson From The Building News: “THIS house, of which we give perspective and plans, has been erected, under the superintendence of Mr. John Johnson, architect, Moor- gate-street, City, by Mr. D....

24 January 2013

1873 – Schools, Mary St., Bromley, Kent

Architect: Lacy W. Ridge Published in The Building News, July 18 1872. Designed for the London School Board. “These buildings, some description of which appeared in our pages on the l6th May, 1873,...

18 August 2012

1882 – House at Cranbrook, Kent

Architect: W. West Neve & Ernest Newton Perspective View with plan published in The Building News, July 28th 1882.

15 August 2012

1887 – A Pair of Cottages, Allington Lock, Maidstone, Kent

Architect: Hubert Bensted Constructed for the Lower Medway Navigation Company. “These cottages are been erected at Allington Lock for the accommodation of the employes of the company. The lower storey is of Kentish...

15 August 2012

1887 – House in Sundridge Park, Bromley, Kent

Architect: Evelyn Hellicar “This house, which is in course of erectionfrom the designs of Mr. Evelyn Hellicar, of Bromleyt is situated on high ground, there being extensive views on the north, east and...

15 August 2012

1899 – House at Herne Bay, Kent

Architect: George E. Bond Designed for Charles Chalmers esq., perspective View including ground plan published in The Building News, March 24th 1899. “The drawings show the plans and front of a house facing...

11 August 2012

1860 – Cemetary Chapel, Ashford, Kent

Architect: C.H. Edwards Published in The Building News, June 29 1860.

15 July 2012

1919 – St. John’s Vicarage, Southend, Lewisham, Kent

Architect: Sir Charles A. Nicholson Published in The Building News, November 28 1919: “A double-page illustration, giving the plan, elevations, and sections of this South London proposed church appeared in our issue of...

02 July 2012

1881 – Lodge, Ely Grange, Tunbridge Wells, Kent

Architects: E. Salomons & R.S. Warnom Details published in The Building News, November 4th 1881.