Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Kilkenny

08 January 2010

1905 – Former Provincial Bank, Kilkenny, Co. Kilkenny

Architect: Batchelor & Hicks A former branch of the Provincial Bank,which after a series of bank mergers in Ireland in the mid 20th century became part of Allied Irish Banks. A simple building...

08 January 2010

1899 – St. Patricks’s Church, Kilkenny, Co. Kilkenny

Architect: S.F. Hynes Designed in 1896-9 by the Cork based architect S.F. Hynes, St. Patrick’s is a simple late Gothic revival church with a transept reserved for the nuns of the adjacent convent.

08 January 2010

1910 – John’s Bridge, Kilkenny, Co. Kilkenny

Architect: Alexander Burden John’s Bridge, which connects John’s Street with the rest of the city, was originally built after 1200 and was destroyed by the great floods of 1487 and 1763 and subsequently...

08 January 2010

1922 – Allied Irish Banks, Kilkenny, Co. Kilkenny

Architect: Thomas Scully Grandiose bank branch with living accommodation for the local manager above. There was great competition in many Irish towns for the most imposing branch, as prestige could attract customers. This...

08 January 2010

2000 – Railway Station, Kilkenny, Co. Kilkenny

Architect: Iarnr√≥d √Čireann Architects The new railway station is just a little down the track from the now disused original station and shares the same platform. The new station was created out of...

Pages:« Prev123