Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Lancashire

20 July 2010

1870 – Proposed Infirmary, Wigan, Lancashire

Architect: Thomas Worthington Image published in The Building News, March 4th 1870. “WE this week publish a plan and view of a design by Mr. Thomas Worthington, of Manchester, for the new infirmary...

30 June 2010

1934 – Manchester Central Library

Architect: Vincent Harris The design was the result of a competition held in 1927 for a new library and town hall extension. Constructed between 1930 and 1934 in a traditional neoclassical form. Inspired...

25 June 2010

1862 – Congregational Chapel, Lytham, Lancashire

Architect: W. F. Poulton “This building was completed in 1862. It is constructed of Longridge stone coarse with rough face. All the dressings are also of Longridge stone, worked fair. The tower and...

24 June 2010

1861 – St. Alban’s Church, Rochdale, Lancashire

Architect: Joseph Clarke “The church of which a view of the interior appears in our present number, was erected two or three years ago; but through the liberality of Mr. Jonathan Nield, of...

23 June 2010

1886 – Abbeystead, Wyresdale, Lancashire

Architect: Douglas & Fordham Designed for the 4th Earl of Sefton and published in The Building News, July 9th 1886. The partnership of Douglas & Fordham designed the house and it has been...

21 June 2010

1875 – St. John’s Church, Blackpool, Lancashire

Architect: Ladds & Powell Front Perspective View, including ground plan as published in The Building News, December 17th 1875.

03 June 2010

1887 – New Church at Haydock, Lancashire

Architect: George Smith Published in The Building News, September 23rd 1887

03 June 2010

1877 – Staircase & Hall, Rufford Hall, Lancashire

Architect: Hornblower & Son Published in The Building News, October 7th 1887. The second hall built by the Heskeths in Rufford. This building was turned from a stately home, to a hospital and...

30 May 2010

1886 – St. Mary’s Church, Dalton in Furness, Lancashire

Architect: Paley & Austin Built between 1883-1885 on a site where it is believed there have been churches since the eighth century. It was designed by Paley and Austin, and is one of...