Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Lancashire

30 May 2010

1886 – Church of St. Peter, Accrington, Lancashire

Architect: Henry Ross Perspective View & Plans published in The Building News, November 26th 1886.

30 May 2010

1886 – New Drill Hall, Bolton, Lancashire

Architect: Marshall Robinson Designed for the 3rd Volunteer Brigade Lancashire Division of the Royal Artillary. Interior Perspective View published in The Building News, November 12th 1886.

29 May 2010

1887 – New Royal Infirmary, Liverpool

Architect: Alfred Waterhouse Published in The Building News, July 1st 1887.

22 May 2010

1876 – St Helens Town Hall, Lancashire

Architect: Depicted prior to a fire which destroyed the steeple.

22 May 2010

1963 – Pilkington, St. Helens, Lancashire

Architect: Fry Drew The distinctive blue Pilkington Head Office, a Grade II listed building constructed in 1959-63 designed by Maxwell Fry and his wife Jane Drew.

06 May 2010

1887 – Parish Church, Woolton, Liverpool, Lancashire

Architect: Grayson & Ould Published in The Building News August 27th 1886. The population of Woolton village grew steadily in the 19th century and the previous church, constructed in 1826, was felt to...

04 May 2010

1895 – House for Dr. Brown, Higher Broughton, Manchester

Architect: Charles Heathcote Published in The Building News, March 1st 1895.

03 May 2010

1887 – St Pauls Church Schools & Heaton Chapel, Stockport, Lancashire

Architect: Darbyshire & Smith Published in The Building News, August 12th 1887.

15 March 2010

1867 – Offices & Shops, Lord St., Liverpool

Architect: H.H. Vale Published in The Building News, September 27 1867.