Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Lancashire

11 March 2010

1875 – Town Hall, Chorley, Lancashire

Architect: John Ladds & W.H. Powell A local landmark which has recently been restored. It includes a magnificent ballroom – known as the Lancastrian.

09 March 2010

1869 – New Municipal Offices, Liverpool, Lancashire

Architect: Edward Robert Robson From The Architect and Contract Reporter, May 29 1869: The Municipal Government of Liverpool has arrived at its present condition, power, and comprehensiveness, by slow degrees and through the...

23 February 2010

1881 – Liverpool School of Art, Lancashire

Architect: Thomas Cook First premiated design in architectural competition. “We illustrate this week the first premiated design, by Mr. T. Cook, architect, 12, St. George’s-crescent, Liverpool. The areas of the various rooms were...

01 February 2010

1873 – Wholesale & Fish Markets, Manchester, Lancashire

Architect: Speakman, Son and Hickson / Mangnall & Littlewood Manchester Corporation decided in the early 1870s to replace the city’s main fish market in Strangeways with a new one located near Shudehill, close...

26 January 2010

1883 – New Church, Pilling, Lancashire

Architect: Paley & Austin Largely built as designed and illustrated, the church is still existing as St. John the Baptist. Considered to be one of Paley & Austin’s finest works and consecrated by...

14 December 2009

1886 – All Saints Church, Heaton Norris, Lancashire

Architect: Preston & Vaughan Perspective published in The Building News, June 4th 1886.

11 December 2009

1886 – Third placed design for Liverpool Cathedral

Architect: James Brooks James Brooks’ design for Liverpool Cathedral, which was submitted in competition with William Emerson’s & Bodley & Garner’and which placed second. The site for this competition was adjacent to George’s...

10 December 2009

1886 – Second placed design for Liverpool Cathedral

Architect: Bodley & Garner Bodley & Garner’s design for Liverpool Cathedral, which was submitted in competition with William Emerson’s & James Brookes and which placed second. The site was different from the site...

09 December 2009

1886 – Church of Our Lady, Wavertree, Liverpool, Lancashire

Architect: J. & B. Sinnott Front Perspective View & Ground Plan published in The Building News, April 2nd 1886.