Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Lancashire

12 October 2009

1879 – Unbuilt Design for St. Luke’s Church, Southport, Lancashire

Architect: Burder & Baker Interior and exterior views including ground plans published in The Building News, July 18th 1879. “Tms design was submitted by Messrs. Burder and Baker, in an open competition, and...

23 September 2009

1880 – Palace Hotel & Hydropathic Establishment, Southport, Lancashire

Architect: Mangnall & Littlewood Developed by the Southport Hotel Company (funded mainly by Manchester merchants), the Birkdale Palace Hotel was built on a 20 acre site fronting the Birkdale shore. The 200ft long...

01 September 2009

1881 – The Exchange Station, Liverpool, Lancashire

Architect: Thomas Mitchell Third Premiated Design for The Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway Company. The directors of the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway selected the following designs – 1st, £750, Mr. John West, 4, South-parade,...

01 September 2009

1880 – House, Aigburth, Liverpool, Lancashire

Architect: J.M. Brydon Published in The Building News, June 11th 1880.

31 August 2009

1880 – Premises, Market Street, Manchester, Lancashire

Architect: Mangnall & Littlewood “These premises are situated at the corner of Market-street and Spring-gardens, Manchester, and form two distinct blocks of buildings. The corner block is recently completed, and belongs to G.B....

24 August 2009

1881 – Liverpool School of Art, Lancashire

Architect: C.O. Ellison Second Premiated Design, perspective view including ground & 1st floor plans, published in The Building News, March 11th 1881. “The selected design in this competition was published in the Building...

24 August 2009

1884 – The Bootle Cocoa Rooms, Bootle, Lancashire

Architect: J. Francis Doyle

06 August 2009

1885 – High Altar, West Gorton Franciscan Church, Manchester, Lancashire

Architect: Pugin & Pugin

02 August 2009

1903 – Shop & Cottage, Four Lane Ends, Bolton, Lancashire

Architect: Cunliffe & Pilling