Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Lancashire

29 June 2009

1878 – Summer Cottage at Formby, Lancashire

Architect: Bell & Roper From The Building News, August 9 1878: “Messes. Bell and Roper are the architects of the above house, building as a summer residence for E. R. Heap, Esq., at...

29 June 2009

1908 – Lancaster Town Hall, Lancashire

Architect: E.W. Mountford & F.D. Clapham

29 June 2009

1906 – Withington Cemetery Chapel, Lancashire

Architect: E. Woodhouse Second place design in competition – also won by Woodhouse with a different design.

29 June 2009

1910 – Cottages at Castleton, Rochdale, Lancashire

Architect: Gilbert Waterhouse

29 June 2009

1872 – Childrens Hospital, Pendlebury, Lancashire

Architect: Pennington & Bridges

29 June 2009

1872 – The Towers, Didsbury, Lancashire

Architect: Thomas Worthington Designed for John Edward Taylor, owner of the Manchester Guardian, but sold in 1874 to the engineer, Daniel Adamson. Built in a form of Germanic Gothic, with lavish materials including...

29 June 2009

1904 – Fylde Preston & Garstang Hospital, Elswick, Lancashire

Architect: Edward C.H. Maidman “A Small-pox Hospital was erected in this township by the Fylde, Preston and Garstang Joint Hospital Committee. The building was opened in 1904 and accommodated 35 patients. The total...

29 June 2009

1905 – Carnegie Public Library, Accrington, Lancashire

Architect: W.J. Newton Still in use today as a public Library, this building is chiefly notable for its magnificent stained glass window on the main cantilevered staircase. The window by Liverpool stained glass...

29 June 2009

1899 – Storey House, Royal Albert Asylum, Lancaster, Lancashire

Architect: Dawson & Ashworth Perspective including ground & 1st.floor plans published in The Building News, February 3rd 1899.