Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Lancashire

29 June 2009

1872 – The Towers, Didsbury, Lancashire

Architect: Thomas Worthington Designed for John Edward Taylor, owner of the Manchester Guardian, but sold in 1874 to the engineer, Daniel Adamson. Built in a form of Germanic Gothic, with lavish materials including...

29 June 2009

1904 – Fylde Preston & Garstang Hospital, Elswick, Lancashire

Architect: Edward C.H. Maidman “A Small-pox Hospital was erected in this township by the Fylde, Preston and Garstang Joint Hospital Committee. The building was opened in 1904 and accommodated 35 patients. The total...

29 June 2009

1905 – Carnegie Public Library, Accrington, Lancashire

Architect: W.J. Newton Still in use today as a public Library, this building is chiefly notable for its magnificent stained glass window on the main cantilevered staircase. The window by Liverpool stained glass...

29 June 2009

1899 – Storey House, Royal Albert Asylum, Lancaster, Lancashire

Architect: Dawson & Ashworth Perspective including ground & 1st.floor plans published in The Building News, February 3rd 1899.

29 June 2009

1906 – Birkdale Congregational Church, Lancashire

Architect: Halsall, Tongue & Campbell

29 June 2009

1884 – The Royal Albert Asylum for Idiots, Lancashire

Architect: Paley & Austin The chief stone of a new asylum for idiots of the six northern counties of England has been laid with Masonic ceremonial by the Earl of Zetland as Grand...

29 June 2009

1901 – Two Taverns at Oldham, Lancashire

Architect: Charles T. Taylor

29 June 2009

1891 – New Municipal Buildings, Bury, Lancashire

Architect: A.N. Bromley

29 June 2009

1910 – Stockport Central Library, Lancashire

Architect: Bradshaw & Gass