Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Lancashire

02 July 2012

1900 – House, Blundellsands, Lancashire

Architect: J. Catterall Perspective published in The Building News, December 7th 1900.

02 July 2012

1900 – House at St. Anne’s on Sea, Lancashire

Architect: J. Catterall Perspective published in The Building News, December 7th 1900.

11 June 2012

1908 – Wesleyan Sunday School, Newton Heath, Manchester

Architect: Smith & Matley Published in The Building News, November 20th 1908. For a time, used for services after the main church across the street was demolished due to dry rot. Later demolished.

14 April 2012

1879 – Chapel for The Catholic Cemetery, Clitheroe, Lancashire

Architect: S.J. Nicholl Perspective & interior Views including plan published in The Building News, July 11th 1879.

09 April 2012

1877 – House, Northenden, Manchester

Architect: Bell & Roper The Residence of H. Schill esq., perspective view & ground plan published in The Building News, January 5th 1877.

29 March 2012

1846 – Platt Church, Manchester, Lancashire

Architect: Edmund Sharpe The architect’s second “pot church”, so-called because the main building material used in the construction of the church is terracotta. Terracotta is used as the facing material for both the...

21 March 2012

1878 – The Exchange Art Galleries, Liverpool

Architects: Salomons, Wornum & Ely Commercial art galleries for Messrs. Agnew & Sons, published in The Building News, September 20th 1878. Agnew & Sons were prominent art dealers, with premises in Manchester and...

06 March 2012

1882 – St. Lukes Art Workshops, Myrtle St., Liverpool

Architect: Henry Sumners Perspective view including ground plan as published in The Building News, June 23rd 1882. Designed by Henry Summers, this building became the studio and offices of Norbury, Upton & Paterson,...

04 March 2012

1896 – “Whitevale”, Didsbury, Lancashire

Architect: Joseph Swarbrick “This residence is situate upon the Ford Bank Estate, five miles south of Manchester. Whilst the situation of the site on the one hand demanded that the entrance should be...