Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Lanyon Lynn and Lanyon

06 March 2014

1870 – Design for O’Connell Bridge, Dublin

Architect: Lanyon, Lynn and Lanyon Second placed design in architectural competition to construct a new O’Connell Bridge, replacing Gandon’s Carlisle Bridge. Published in The Irish Builder, June 1 1870.

06 December 2013

1865 – Shane’s Castle, Randalstown, Co. Antrim

Architect: Lanyon Lynn and Lanyon In 1809 work was started to rebuild a large Plantation castle to the designs of John Nash – the main object of the plan was to give the...

09 July 2013

1881 – Theatre Royal, Arthur St., Belfast

Architect: Lanyon, Lynn & Lanyon / C.J. Phipps Originally constructed by Lanyon, Lynn & Lanyon in 1871 with carving by the Fitzpatrick Brothers. It was badly damaged by fire in June 1881, reopening...

09 January 2012

1868 – Old Library, Queen’s University Belfast

Architect: Lanyon, Lynn and Lanyon Illustration showing the interior of the Old Library as originally designed by W.H. Lynn. The building was described by the English poet Philip Larkin (who was sub-librarian at...

10 June 2010

1862 – Former St. Andrew’s Church, Andrew Street, Dublin

Architect: Lanyon, Lynn and Lanyon A converted church, the Tourist Office was originally designed as St Andrews Church of Ireland and built on the site of a much earlier church. The interior is...

26 January 2010

1860 – Sandford Road Church of Ireland, Ranelagh, Dublin

Architect: Lanyon, Lynn and Lanyon The first Dublin commission of Belfast firm Lanyon, Lynn and Lanyon, this little Italian Romanesque church replaced an earlier one of 1826. In 1880, the original galleries were...

30 December 2009

1851 – Library, Sligo, Co. Sligo

Architects: Lanyon, Lynn and Lanyon Designed by Lanyon, Lynn and Lanyon as a small Gothic Revival church in 1851, it was converted in 1954 into a Library. The former manse of 1867 is...

22 October 2009

1875 – Blarney House, Co. Cork

Architect: Lanyon, Lynn and Lanyon From The Architect, August 21, 1875: This new mansion has just been completed for Sir George C. J_ Colthttest, Bart., it is built of the light blue hammer-dressed...

29 September 2009

1870 – Castle Leslie, Glaslough, Co. Monaghan

Architect: Lanyon, Lynn and Lanyon Castle Leslie stands on the site of an earlier castle and was designed by Charles Lanyon and W.H. Lynn in 1870 for John Leslie MP. Designed in the...

Pages:12Next »