Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

law courts

08 November 2012

1864 – Assize Courts, Manchester, Lancashire

Architect: Alfred Waterhouse Designed by Alfred Waterhouse in the neo-Gothic style, construction began in 1859 and was completed in 1864. This was Waterhouse’s first major commission, won by open competition, and the nearby...

02 November 2012

1883 – Courthouse, Roscommon, Co. Roscommon

Architect: Christopher J. Mulvany Selected design after an architectural competition to replace County Counthouse that had been destroyed in a fire in 1882.

03 October 2012

1871 – Unbuilt design for new Law Courts, Birmingham

Architect: Alfred Langston Competition entry for new Law Courts, Judges Lodgings & Municipal Buildings. Perspective view & ground plan published in The Building News, September 29th 1871.

01 October 2012

1904 – Courthouse, Morden, Manitoba

Architect: Samuel Hooper Designed by the Provincial Architect Samuel Hooper as a courthouse and small holding jail for the surrounding area. A simple building, with an unsual pediment, it now has rather unfortunately...

21 September 2012

1762 – Harrison Hall, Roscommon, Co. Roscommon

Architect: John & George Ensor Now a branch of the d Bank of Ireland but known also as Harrison Hall. Originally built as a rectangular-plan court house and market house in the mid-eighteenth...

02 September 2012

1871 – The County Court, Barnsley, Yorkshire

Architect: T.C. Sorby Fine classical courthouse constructed in the early 1870s. No longer in use as a courthouse. Perspective View published in The Building News, August 4th 1871.

06 August 2012

1912 – Law Courts, Edmonton, Alberta

Architect: Allan Merrick Jeffers Early design work was completed by unknown Department of Public Works architects while final details were overseen by Allan Merrick Jeffers, the provincial government architect. Described in The Edmonton...

30 July 2012

1963 – Civic Centre, St. Boniface, Winnipeg

Architect: √Čtienne Gaboury Designed to contain a police station, law courts, and a public health centre, this cluster of buildings is sited around an open sided courtyard adjacent to the former city hall....

07 July 2012

1888 – Law Courts, Calgary, Alberta

Architect: Thomas Fuller Former court house, demolished in 1958. Constructed on 4th St. South West in 1888.