Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

law courts

10 August 2010

1936 – Thurgood Marshall United States Courthouse, New York

Architect: Cass Gilbert The Thurgood Marshall United States Courthouse has two major parts, the seven-storey base and the thirty-storey tower. Commissioned in 1931, construction began in July 1932 and lasted three and a...

06 July 2010

2010 – Criminal Courts of Justice, Dublin

Architect: Henry J. Lyons & Partners The new criminal courts complex in Dublin, designed by Henry J Lyons Architects, is among the most technologically advanced courts facilities in the world. Situated on the...

04 July 2010

1882 – Courthouse, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Charles H. Wheeler Built in two stages, the original and larger part was constructed in 1882-83 and housed the Courts, the Law Society and library. It became over-crowded rapidly and a further...

25 June 2010

1886 – Birmingham Assize Courts Competition

The commission was won by Aston Webb & Ingress Bell of London after an open competition to provide the first assize courts in the rapidly growing town of Birmingham, it is faced entirely...

11 June 2010

1797 – Green Street Courthouse, Dublin

Architect: Whitmore Davis Green Street Courthouse is home to the Irish Special Criminal Court which deals with high security cases involving terrorism or organised crime. The courthouse designed by Whitmore Davis and which...

31 May 2010

1894 – Coconino County Courthouse, Flagstaff, Arizona

Architect: J.N. Preston Coconino County in Arizona was formed in 1891 and is named after a Native American tribe living in the Grand Canyon. Three years later, the county courthouse, am excercise in...

21 April 2010

1916 – Provincial Law Courts, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: Samuel Hooper / Victor W. Horwood / John D. Atchison Situated across Broadway from the Manitoba Legislature building, the Law Courts consists of several buildings. The original architect was Samuel Hooper, who...

04 February 2010

1802 – The Four Courts, Inns Quay, Dublin

Architect: James Gandon One of the landmarks of Dublin with its large drum and shallow dome, and visible all along the Liffey, the Four Courts derives its names from the four divisions that...

28 January 2010

1820 – Courthouse, Kilmainham, Dublin

Built in 1820 to replace an older structure, the courthouse is sited next to the former gaol. The building is finished with austere stonework and the Royal coat-of-arms in the pediment. Closed in...