Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Leicestershire

23 October 2009

1875 – Villas at Loughborough, Leicestershire

Architect: Alfred W.N. Burder From The Architect, November 13, 1875: These villas are in course of erection at Loughborough. The kitchen offices are in the basement, and consist of kitchen, scullery, coal-cellar, wine-cellar,...

16 October 2009

1862 – St. Andrew’s Church, Leicester, Leicestershire

Architect: Sir George Gilbert Scot From The Building News, May 23, 1862: February 28th last, we gave a description of this church, which we illustrate on the opposite page this week. The following...

09 October 2009

1879 – Sexton’s Lodge, Syston, Nr. Leicester, Leicestershire

Architect: Arthur Ardron Perspective vi ew including ground plan. Published in The Building News, October 3rd 1879. “This lodge, which is just completed, forms a part of the new cemetery which will be...

27 September 2009

1880 – Wesleyan Chapel, King Richards Road, Leicester, Leicestershire

Architect: Redfern & Sawday Perspective view including ground & 1st floor plans from The Building News, March 19th 1880.

07 September 2009

1881 – House, Leicester, Leicestershire

Architect: Goddard & Paget “The houses at Leicester of which we give a view this week are placed in the best residential part of the town, near to Victoria Park. Thoy are four...

01 September 2009

1880 – House at Stoneygate, Leicester, Leicestershire

Architect: Isaac Barradale “There are commodious stores, wash-house, and wine and beer cellars in the basement ; the ground-floor contains dining, drawing, and breakfast-rooms, with spacious kitchen offices ; the first floor contains...

06 July 2009

1910 – Secondary Schools, Market Harborough, Leicestershire

Architect: Coales & Johnson

06 July 2009

1885 – St. John’s Church, Knighton, Leicester, Leicestershire

Architect: Goddard & Paget

29 June 2009

1896 – Technical & Art Schools, Leicester, Leicestershire

Architect: Everard & Pitt Perspective view published in The Building News, May 29th 1896.