Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

libraries

13 January 2011

1890 – Public Library & Reading Rooms, Kensal Town, London

Architect: Karslake & Mortimer Selected design for a Public Library & Reading Room. Elevations, sections & plans published in The Building News May 25th 1888. Now known as Queens Park Public Library.

13 January 2011

1906 – Design for a Central Library, St. Pancras, London

Architect: J.G.S Gibson Perspective View & Plans of second placed design in competition. Published in The Building News, August 3rd 1906.

09 December 2010

1905 – Carnegie Library, Coatbridge, Lanarkshire, Scotland

Architect: Alex Cullen Front perspective view including ground & 1st. floor plans published in The Building News, March 6th 1903. Chosen by competition, construction was financed by money donated by the Scottish-American entrepreneur...

03 December 2010

1903 – Central Library, Hammersmith, London

Architect: Maurice B. Adams Published in The Building News, October 2nd 1903.

03 November 2010

1887 – Leyland Free Library & Museum, Hindley, Lancashire

Architect: Thomas Worthington & Elgood Perspective published in The Architect, January 27th 1887.

28 September 2010

1906 – Public Library, Glasgow, Scotland

Architect: Thomas Gibbon Front perspective views including ground floor plans as published in The Building News, March 16th 1906

11 August 2010

1870 – Free Library, Salford, Lancashire

Architect: Royle & Bennett Front elevation, longitudinal & transverse section including plan as published in The Building News, December 16th 1870. “ON Monday evening last this building (of which we give an illustration)...

19 July 2010

1902 – Carnegie Library and Museum at Limerick

Architect: C.F.A. Voysey Unsuccessful entry for a competition for a new public library for Limerick. This design heavily influenced the 1912 Library, Clondalkin, Co. Dublin by T.J. Byrne.

30 June 2010

1934 – Manchester Central Library

Architect: Vincent Harris The design was the result of a competition held in 1927 for a new library and town hall extension. Constructed between 1930 and 1934 in a traditional neoclassical form. Inspired...