Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Limerick

24 February 2012

1774 – Poor House, Limerick

Architect: Rev. Deane Hoare In 1773 the Limerick county and city Grand Juries came together with a budget of 500 pounds to build a poorhouse on land donated by the local Bishop. The...

13 December 2011

1856 – Protestant Orphan Society Hall, Limerick

Architect: William Fogerty Published in The Builder, January 19, 1856. Two storey collegiate gothic orphanage now converted into offices. Original windows have been replaced with ugly uPVC versions.

05 November 2011

1932 – St. Mary’s Church, Limerick, Co. Limerick

Architect: Ashlin & Coleman New church constructed on site of church of 1749. The Altar rails (1931) and Lady Altar (1931) were supplied by Giorgio Favilla.

28 May 2011

1904 – Unbuilt Design for St. Joseph’s Church, Limerick

Architect: William E. Corbett Not completed as designed due to the amount of money available, Originally, it was intended to construct a fine hexastyle Corinthian portico to the front, as well as an...

04 May 2011

1860s – McBirney & Co., Limerick

McBirney’s Drapery Emporium which was taken over by Roches Stores in the 1940’s, but was burned to the ground in a disastrous fire in 1948

02 May 2011

1836 – Thomond Bridge, Limerick

Architect: James & George Pain The current seven-arch bridge was built in 1836, replacing the earlier bridge which was also alongside King John’s Castle. The architect James Pain had surveyed the earlier medieval...

04 February 2011

2007 – Tailteann, Limerick, Co. Limerick

Architect: Murray O’Laoire Architects Occupying a prominent location on the new entrance route through the mature landscape of Mary Immaculate College this building was conceived as a pavilion type structure announcing an as...

03 February 2011

2008 – Thomond Park Stadium, Limerick

Architect: Murray O’Laoire Architects The design process related to the redevelopment of Thomond Park extends back to 2003 with a request to examine significantly increasing the existing 11,091 capacity stadium. Maintaining the atmosphere...

03 February 2011

2007 – University of Limerick Living Bridge

Architects: Wilkinson Eyre Architects Connecting the University of Limerick’s campuses on either side of the River Shannon, this bridge creates a new journey for users through the sensitive riparian landscape of the river...