Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Lincolnshire

06 January 2014

1382 – The Gatehouse, St. Mary’s Abbey, Thornton, Lincolnshire

Almost continuous building work over a century from 1252 onwards included a new chapter house (1282–1308); enlargement of the cloister (1322–6); rebuilding the refectory (1327–8); and construction of a large granary (c 1348),...

11 June 2012

1903 – “The Paddock”, Ruskington, Lincolnshire

Architect: Brewill & Bailly “The Paddock, Ruskington, for Dr. Thompson, is an old house, added to and restored by Messrs. Brewill and Bailly, of Nottingham, and on the plan are indicated the old...

10 May 2012

1879 – Pair of Villas, Stow Park Estate, Lincolnshire

Architect: A.O. Watkins & Sons “These villas, now nearly completed, occupy a fine site overlooking the Bristol Channel. The material for the walls and angle quoins is a hard, gritty, red stone, quarried...

02 February 2011

1903 – “Seacroft”, Golf Links Hotel, Skegness, Lincolnshire

Architect: Brewill & Bailly Published in The Building News, November 27th 1903

20 October 2010

1888 – Wesleyan Church, Lincoln

Architect: Charles Bell Front Perspective published in The Architect, April 13th 1888.

29 December 2009

1879 – Denton Hall, Grantham, Lincolnshire

Architect: Arthur W. Blomfield The original Denton Manor was a stone mansion, but nearly all rebuilt in 1816-17. In 1842, The Welby family took over and between 1879 and 83 rebuilt the house...

09 December 2009

1886 – St. Hugh’s Church & Presbytery, Lincoln

Architect: Albert Vicars In July 1875 Canon Croft, later MonsIgnor Provost, left a lovely Church and presbytery in Worksop and arrived in Lincoln. The church and presbytery was dilapidated and Canon Croft was...

05 October 2009

1879 – Johnson Hospital, Spalding, Lincolnshire

Architect: Weatherley & Jones Perspective View from design submission for architecture competition of hospital published in The Building News, September 5th 1879. “About ninety sets of drawings were sent in last March for...

02 October 2009

1884 – Church of St. Swithin, Lincoln, Lincolnshire

Architect: James Fowler View from the southwest as published in The Building News, December 5th 1884. From The Building News, 1868: “HE parish church of St. Swithin was at one time the largest...

Pages:123Next »