Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Lismore

20 February 2014

1775 – Blackwater Bridge, Lismore, Co. Waterford

Architect: Thomas Ivory Commissioned by the 5th Duke of Devonshire (1748-1811) as part of improvements at Lismore, this is a graceful single span bridge over the river Blackwater. Three arches of a causeway...

20 February 2014

1851 – Lismore Castle, Co. Waterford

Architect: William Atkinson / Joseph Paxton / A.W.N. Pugin / John Gregory Crace Originally built in 1185 by King John, Lismore Castle was owned in turn by Sir Walter Raleigh and Richard Boyle,...

09 April 2013

1799 – Court House, Lismore, Co. Waterford

Architect: John Carr The Sessions House, as it was first known, was built as part of the Lismore estate, by Lord Devonshire and can be attributed to the Architect John Carr. Like many...

31 August 2012

1884 – St. Carthage’s Church, Lismore, Co. Waterford

Architect: Walter G. Doolin St Cartage’s Parish Church was officially opened in 1884, and is regarded as one of the finest examples of Lombardo-Romanesque churches in Ireland. Red sandstone, quarried locally, and white...