Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Liverpool

09 December 2009

1886 – Church of Our Lady, Wavertree, Liverpool, Lancashire

Architect: J. & B. Sinnott Front Perspective View & Ground Plan published in The Building News, April 2nd 1886.

09 December 2009

1886 – Rice Mills & Warehouses, Liverpool, Lancashire

Architect: Frederick Dresser Perspective View & Plan published in The Building News, February 12th 1886.

30 November 2009

1886 – Selected Design, Liverpool Cathedral Competition

Architect: William Emerson William Emerson’s design for Liverpool Cathedral, which was submitted in competition with James Brookes and Bodley & Garner, was placed first, but was not built. The site was different from...

04 November 2009

1875 – New League Hall, Liverpool, Lancashire

Architect: Murray & Thomas From The Architect, February 20, 1875: This building, which is to be erected at the corner of St. Ann’s Place and Rose Place, Liverpool, will comprise a hall, the...

25 October 2009

1880 – Commercial Sale Room Buildings, Liverpool, Lancashire

Architect: J. Francis Doyle “This building, erected for the sale of fruit and provisions, comprises a sale-room built in the form of an amphitheatre, with gallery round three sides, over 40ft. square, occupying...

01 September 2009

1881 – The Exchange Station, Liverpool, Lancashire

Architect: Thomas Mitchell Third Premiated Design for The Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway Company. The directors of the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway selected the following designs – 1st, £750, Mr. John West, 4, South-parade,...

01 September 2009

1880 – House, Aigburth, Liverpool, Lancashire

Architect: J.M. Brydon Published in The Building News, June 11th 1880.

24 August 2009

1881 – Liverpool School of Art, Lancashire

Architect: C.O. Ellison Second Premiated Design, perspective view including ground & 1st floor plans, published in The Building News, March 11th 1881. “The selected design in this competition was published in the Building...

13 July 2009

1906 – The New Cotton Exchange, Liverpool, Lancashire

Architect: Matear & Simon Built in 1905–06 to replace the former cotton exchange in Exchange Flags, to a design by Matear and Simon. Its façade was in Neoclassical style, with Baroque towers. Its...