Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

London ON

22 January 2014

1829 – Old Courthouse, London, Ontario

Architect: John Ewart Constructed as Middlesex County Court House with castle-like features and Gothic details. It was designed by architect John Ewart and was constructed in 1827-29. The Middlesex County Court House was...

26 January 2012

1874 – International Order of Odd Fellows, London, Ontario

A commercial building containing the lodge of the International Order of Odd Fellows on the upper floors and a branch of A. & S. Nordheimer Co at street level. A. & S. Nordheimer...

26 January 2012

1873 – The Custom House, London, Ontario

Architect: William Robinson Designed by the architect William Robinson in a restrained Second Empire style. The building which opened in 1873 was demolished in the early 1970s. S

26 January 2012

1869 – Hellmuth Ladies’ College, London, Ontario

Founded in 1869 by the Rt. Rev. Isaac Hellmuth, second Bishop of the Diocese of Huron, and opened on September 23 of that year by H.R.H. Prince Arthur, the Duke of Connaught. Overlooking...

26 January 2011

1967 – City Hall & Centennial Hall, London, Ontario

Architect: Philip Carter Johnson Centennial Hall which was likely a 1967 centennial project for the city and is a multi-purpose facility offering space for concerts and meeting. The adjacent City Hall was completed...

26 January 2011

1860 – Post Office, London, Ontario

The London Post Office wasbuilt circa 1860 and demolished in 1953. The building front, facing onto Richmond Street had double Doric columns on the first level and double Corinthian columns on the level...

26 January 2011

1875 – City Hospital, London, Ontario

The City Hospital, erected 1875, this building later formed the nucleus of the present Victoria Hospital. Before the erection of this building, the old military hospital on the barracks grounds was used as...

01 October 2009

1846 – St. Paul’s Cathedral, London, Ontario

Architect: William Thomas The seat of the Diocese of Huron of the Anglican Church of Canada, it was designed in the Gothic revival style by William Thomas and built between 1844 and 1846,...