Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

London

31 March 2014

1899 – Mission House, Dalston, London

Architect: H.O. Ellis This late-Victorian mission building was designed by Herbert O Ellis in 1898 for St Mark’s Church, Dalston. Later known as the Cholmeley Boys’ Club. The building was originally used as...

31 March 2014

1899 – Theatre of Varieties, Kilburn, London

Architect: Palgrave & Co. “This plate illustrates the design of a proposed new Palace of Varieties, which is about to be commenced, with some slight modification in the elevation, on the site of...

19 February 2014

1898 – London & South Western Bank, Kilburn, London

Architect: Edward Gabriel “This branch bank, which has lately been completed, occupies a prominent position in the High-road, Kilburn, and has been erected for the directors of the London and South- Western Bank...

19 February 2014

1898 – Passmore Edwards Public Library, East Ham, London

Architect: Silvanus Trevail Known as the Plashet Library, and still in use today. Passmore Edwards contributed £4,000 towards the cost, the District Council finishing the work with another £1,500. The family of a...

19 February 2014

1898 – Design for Library, Lewisham, London

Architect: Best & Callon Unbuilt design for public library. “This design was placed first in the recent competition by the assessor, Mr. Mountford, and has been adopted by the committee. The building is...

14 February 2014

1898 – Public Baths, Romford, London

Architect: Harrington & Ley Harry Harrington and Algernon Sydney Richard Ley practised in partnership in London from 1896 to 1906. “This design was recently selected in competition for new baths by the urban...

14 February 2014

1898 – Jubilee Creche, Hounslow, London

Architect: H. Ward “This building, erected in memory of their little boy by Mr. and Mrs. Ellis, is intended to fill a want much felt in the neighbourhood. The building is constructed of...

13 February 2014

1898 – Design for Public Library, Putney, London

Architect: Maurice B. Adams Putney Library is a Grade II listed building, and built in 1899, to designs of architect was Francis J Smith. It was paid for by George Newnes, and the...

13 February 2014

1881 – Cottages, Clapham Park, London

“This drawing has been admitted into the Exhibition of the Royal Academy this year. The cottages are of red brick, tiled roof, white woodwork, as usual, rough-cast in the gables; but they are...

Pages:1234567...97Next »